If you are re-installing GymMaster, or you already have installed the database program ‘PostgreSQL’, there are a few things to do first:
- We highly recommend that previous instances of Postgresql be uninstalled fully before proceeding.
To remove Postgresql database program:
- Before making any changes, please backup GymMaster from within GymMaster.
In the event of not being able to start the Gymmaster interface, do the following to backup the database manually:
- Start -> Run -> cmd
- Type in and then press enter:
- Type in then press enter:
pg_dumpall.exe -U postgres >> C:\backupname.sql
- It will request a password a number of times. Contact GymMaster support to request this password.
- Safety check – Open the Windows file explorer, navigate to
C:\, and check the size of the backupname.sql file just created. Should be greater than zero.
Once the backup file is verified, now you can fully uninstall the program.
- Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services.
- Scroll down to find and highlight “postgres” or similarly worded.
- ‘Stop’ the service. Double-click the name to open the properties. Set to ‘disabled’. Close the properties window.
- Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
- Scroll down to find and highlight “postgres” or similarly worded. Right-click to uninstall.
- Start -> right-click Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> User Profiles -> Settings button.
- Select and delete any ‘postgres’ user account.
- ‘OK’ to close all windows.
Now, you are ready to reinstall the database program.